2500 Sand Creek Road, Brentwood, CA | Directions 9451337.940315 -121.738816
Monday 11:30 AM - 2:45 PM
Tuesday 11:30 AM - 2:45 PM
Wednesday 11:30 AM - 2:45 PM
Thursday 11:30 AM - 2:45 PM
Friday 11:30 AM - 2:45 PM
Saturday 11:30 AM - 9:00 PM
Sunday 12:00 PM - 8:45 PM
will not go back – My bf and I wanted to try this place out since we had been there when it was lucy's. I had a coupon from restaurant dot com and wanted to try it out. We were a bit disappointed when we got there because there was a sign on the door stating that they only take the coupons sun-thurs. At first we hesistated about staying because we were'nt really big fans of Lucy's to begin with but we decided to stayt anyways and give it a try. WHAT A BIG MISTAKE. Here's the events of that saturday night:
1. First of all, we were not seated. No one greeted us at the front. Instead the girl sitting behind the desk was too busy going over the receipts and basically told us to sit where ever we liked.
2. We chose to sit at the sushi bar where we were greeted by one of the chefs who, at first was friendly and midly entertaining. The area was not clean, we had to get out own chopsticks and later on, ask for some napkins.
3. Our sushi chef then became obnoxious, telling tasteless (may be a little offensive to some) jokes and forgetting what we ordered. We ordered 2 rolls off the menu that was priced at $12.95. One roll we had the imitation crab substitued with avocado since the roll did not have avocado and we're not a big fan of imitaion crab. The second roll we had the crab substituted with asparagus. The chef had to ask us several times what we wanted. It's possible all the drinking he was doing behind the sushi bar with customers and co-workers was affecting his memory.
4. It was pretty much apparent that maybe he wasnt capable of doing his job bec when we got our rolls, we couldn't believe the lack of fish and just the overall size of the roll. It was one of the most expensive rolls on the menu! I wish I had taken a photo of it! Then the chef took the plate back openingly admitting he had forgotten to put avocado in one so he starts putting bits of it on top of the already sliced pieces. Then he gives us the plate and takes it back bec he realizes he forgot the tobiko. And in the end, he still got the order wrong.
5. We asked about the portions of fish in the roll and the chef gave us some lame excuse. Honestly I just think he didnt know what he was doing and shouldve ordered from another chef bec we ordered some nigiri bec we didnt have enough to eat yet and the other chef gave us a good portion of salmon.
6. My bf and I asked to talk to the owner/manager because of our experience. As we explained our horrible experience to "Ricky", all he coud say was "it's a busy night, come back sun-thurs. Our chef's have been working for 8 hours" and sent us off with a $25 gift card. When we had first arrived, it was kinda busy. The place wasnt packed. Maybe half the tables were taken but there was enough staff to cover them.
The owner/manager was partying up with his workers as well so maybe at that time he just didnt care. This place is a wannabe Blowfish with absolutely horrible service. Maybe we did come on a bad night but we've never experienced anything as terrible as this. That $25 gift card will not make us go back.
One positive point is that the sushi was fresh but if I want sushi in Brentwood, there are other places I'd rather go to.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Mikado Bistro on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.